Saturday, October 08, 2005

'Ear, 'Ear

In our heady social schedule last night was a meal in with Andy & Debs and Mark & Sarah.
An exotic feature of the evening was entertainment by Vinny, Debs' cat...who has no ears.
He has a friend next door (also a cat) who has only 1 ear.
So we had two cats, with only one ear between them.
In my blogsessive way I instantly pulled out my camera to capture the moment for you.


I'm not sure why I am providing AJ with so much opportunity to make nasty comments about cats....but then again, Lynley, Sarah and Stu..possibly even Krista can rebuff them with much cat-sympathy.
Here's a question for you....if your cat has a suspected brain tumour (God forbid)...would they give it a cat scan?

Anyway, back to reality (it used to be a friend of mine). We had a frankly delicious hand-made pizza....with pesto, cream-cheese and spinach....yum! Sarah had even made the pizza base herself in her bread maker. By the way, for those of you who've been to our house...do you remember the huge picture over our sofa...the 11 days of Creation? That was by Sarah Harris - possibly one of the most creative people in the world...and one of the nicest too. She teaches at the local Uni (Arty stuff) and her cool hubby is a Chartered Surveyor but is re-training in a dazzling, life-shifting kind of way as a cinematographer or film-maker. They have a passion for Israel and the middle East and Mark wants to make short films for charities and on excitable middle east issues. How flipping cool are they???

Andy and Debs were hosting us...and looked as glamorous as ever....Debs is a model, film extra type and should definitely be discovered and made famous. Andy and Dave used to work together a lot when Dave worked in Bmth and is a dashing entrepreneur.

Yesterday was also my mum's 60th birthday and so me and my brother took her out to lunch at a Nepalese restaurant (of course she has been to Nepal....also, I was once in a military dance pageant with a whole load of gurkhas). Then we treated her to swanky spa treatments at the hotel where dave and I got engaged. She reported it was 'the best birthday ever' which was high praise indeed.

Tonight is her cocktail party with a 1920's theme...so I am about to meet a lot of blast from the past friends of hers and relatives too. How many times will I be attempting to explain why exactly we are leaving Canada and moving to NZ??? Quite a few I suspect.

Just to whet your appetite...there will be photos appearing soon of Dave and I in 1920s gear. Dave is the barman at the party tonight and has an outfit which makes him look a little like a deckchair.

Tune in soon folks to see it all here.

And if I find any more pets missing body parts, I'll be sure to let you know!!!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Alyn Jones said...

"My dog has no nose."

"Oh dear! How does it smell?"

"Terrible."

2:17 PM  
Blogger elinor said...

Adele Richards!

I'm flippin fabulously excited you have a blog of your own!!! I had no idea, until you left your mark on Linda Cho's blog.

This makes my day, as I'm sure it will provide lots of fun reading in the dark of winter. After all you're my creative writing teacher...and yes, i DO miss yours and Dave's jokes.

I will now be yet another person to ask you why oh why you are leaving Canada, Marmac and the soakoffice?! I had no clue...until I figured something was wrong from your fatal comment on Linda's blog, and then my sweet flatmate Sara felt inclined to fill me in. Toronto seems so weird without you! Already. But going to New Zealand and hanging with the Jordan's seems like one of the very best of things to do. They've invited me to go hunting with them (James&Jan), so before ya know I'll sneak up on you.

With love, Elinor

5:50 PM  
Blogger A.J. said...

I'm sorry to say and I really don't want to offend anyone but those cats are two very ugly creatures! BUT! They would still taste like chicken with the right marinate.

4:02 AM  
Blogger Linda Hope said...

ADELEY-POO!! AH< i miss you!! By the sounds of it, you are already having so much fun, while we weep and wail over here in sack-cloth and ashes... Alas, we must rejoice in your joy...

I love your blog, i think you will see a frequent visitor in me...

Love you,
Linda

ps. would it be mean of me to say those cats are kinda ugly...hehee!

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Ash said...

I actually know of another English cat with no ears! How strange is that! By the way, I LOVE your blog.

Love you loads and glad that you are having fun.

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

boring fact no.1. lots of cats lose their ears because of cancer due to them loving the sun and their little ears can't cope. So don't forget sun lotion on your cats ears whilst you're doing your pot belly pig.

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Laura said...

Sorry the cancer comment was mine not sure why I went anon. Maybe a deep seated shame on writing something so ridiculous!!!
Snogs
Laura
xxx

12:09 PM  
Blogger Linda Hope said...

Hhaahaa!

I love laura...and her random cat cancer comment...hehee...i love you adele...i miss you guys so much...AJ and Alyn are HILLARIOUS...and i promise, i didnt read AJ's comment on the ugly cats, before i came to the conclusion that they truly were ugly...hahaa!!

Oh, how i love you!

Pants,
Linda

4:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home