Friday, November 25, 2005

One for the girls...

Hey I know there's only about 3 people out there who will be interested in this post (and one of them is me)...but seeing as we haven't changed countries in 3 weeks now I'm running a little short on things to write about.

I've just tried a new hair salon called 'Chocolate Blonde' and yes I did pick it because of the name. Who says marketing doesn't pay? Well it may not have had a hairdresser with the temperamental flair or artistic licence of Ernesto....but they did give me a chocolate with my cappuccino.

Also the chair in which you sit to have your hair washed is a massage chair. Coo-ee. And they even switched in on for me. It was quite nice although when the girl washing my hair asked me a question, I sounded like a dalek cos of the vibrations.

And the result of the haircut? Mmm...not exactly Ernesto-ised but better than a tussle with a lawnmower.

Of course there are photos (I have to get Dave to take photos of my new haircuts so after the first wash when my hair reverts to a fluff helmet I can remember which way to wrestle it to get it looking vaguely the same)...




Anyway must dash, we are off tonight to a seminar at the House of Prayer - Taupo or HOP-T as it is known.
It's by a young couple from IHOP Kansas.

I'm really looking forward to it.
I Iove pancakes.

10 Comments:

Blogger Mimo said...

Hellou beautiful one! Nice!
But Who's this Ernesto? (a hairdresser like no other I suspect?)

I used to go to a place called "UConnect" in southern Glasgow, they had vibrating chairs too and played relaxing music and gave you chocolate with the coffee as well! And I also chose them because of the name...Words mean much, don't they!

Hey, I was first today, yey! Can't wait to ear how HOP-T was! Wish we had one here..

Much Love,
Mim

PS. what's the weather over there? It's snowing here as we speak!! :-)

12:01 PM  
Blogger Ash said...

Adele, you look absolutely beautiful as always!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Adele Richards said...

Hello lovely ones! Yes, Ernesto was my hairdresser in toronto...although I can't claim to have discovered him. I think Shannon or AJ was the first...possibly Jenny, oh and Sarah and Carol also go there. You would think there was only 1 hairdresser in town! But he is Ernesto...

7:30 PM  
Anonymous sarah said...

Adele,
I think Ernesto would be proud!
There is no hint of a hedge or lawnmower in sight... A beautiful "do" it must be said!

9:59 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

Yes I must say you look beautiful. As always.

There is, I am told, a hairdresser somewhere in Northern England (or maybe even Scotland) that goes by the name of "Curl up and Dye". Beat that!

Kat
x

11:07 PM  
Blogger A.J. said...

I think I have a picture of a salon called Curl up and Die... or maybe I say it in a movie... or maybe it was in another life.... oh wait we don't believe in that well maybe it was when I still had a brain!

I like the cut Babe! Ernesto will be so pleased to know he is missed. Shannon found the place and forced me to go once and I have been going ever since... it turned me into a Salon Solis evangelist and now that most people go there we are evangelizing them so it's all good!

4:56 AM  
Anonymous shannon said...

just to make absolutely certain we are all up to speed:

when i was a poor university student i observed my friends with wealthy parents (I lived in a very rich dorm with students from ridiculously monied families. i'm not sure why, but i didn't make a lot of friends when i told people that my parents were missionaries ... which is why most of my university mates believe my parents to be involved in social justice of some sort. well, it's not entirely false, is it?)

ANYWAY, said friends went to very chi-chi salons in wonderful little nooks and crannies of TO about which i knew nothing at the time. In order to keep up, I went to a super-chi-chi salon in Yorkville BUT requested a junior stylist, thus ensuring the reputation I so desired at a price I could afford. That junior stylist some 15 years ago was ERNESTO. (don't tell anyone, but I paid less than $20 for that first cut)

And I have followed that man from salon to salon all over the city until he purchased his own salon. The very solis about which we speak today.

I have, in fact, known Ernesto longer than I've known ANYONE reading this blog. Including AJ.
He was almost a bridesmaid in my wedding.

okay, the last part is false. but he *did* come to my wedding and, of course, he did my hair for it.

And that's the story of Ernesto & Shannon.

7:12 AM  
Anonymous shannon said...

p.s.
I'm going to see him tomorrow. And I shall look fabulous for the Christmas season. And I shall mention, casually, that he is being made famous the world over by the blog of one Adele Richards.

7:25 AM  
Blogger A.J. said...

I think Ernesto would have looked good in our bridesmaids outfits!

2:24 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

hello pickle,
I was at Kev and Fees last night and we both agree that the do is really nice very chic. I also discovered that Kev never checks our blogs!!! Maybe if we'd released a CD he might tune in. We could do a mix of "Tie a yellow ribbon", I think I can play the triangle. I don't know all those years in church I learnt to blow a note on the flute and carry around guitars.
snogs
L
xxx

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home