Sunday, November 27, 2005

You blog way too much when....

(Dave thoughtfully sent me these this morning....I wonder what he is trying to tell me....)

You blog way too much when...
… you post the wrong article on the wrong blog.
… your family prefers to interact with you through your blogs.
… you met your girlfriend/boyfriend through a blog.
… your “blog community” is much, much larger than the number of people you know in real life.
… you consider yourself an “alternative journalist”.
… you start your day by checking your blog stats.
… a day without blogging seems like a month without food.
… your feedreader is open all day.
… you get more “approve this comment” email messages than spam.
… you know what RSS stands for and you know how weak the medium is.
… people worry about you when you do not post anything for a day.
… work is the little time you spend in between writing on your blog and IRC.
… my pagerank is bigger than yours!
… invalid XHTML is a bad word to you.
… you check your blogshares weekly, more than you check your savings account.
… you’ve gotten your parents to blog.
… your dog has her own page on Dogster and it gets updated!
… Kubrick is no longer just the legendary filmmaker
… you have to switch hosts to keep up with your bandwidth needs.
… you make more money from blogging than you do at your day job.


According to this list I don't blog enough as I don't even understand half of them.
Still, I think it is a nice irony that I have in fact blogged Dave's email about blogging too much.
Very Jane Austen of me, don't you think?
xx

3 Comments:

Blogger A.J. said...

Well Jane I think you and I need to work on our addictions and make sure they are a really big issue worth complaining about!

Go Jane Go!!!

PS What do some of those things mean?

12:47 AM  
Anonymous shannon said...

oooh ... Jane Austen reference.
how very SHA-La-La of you ...

and , i obviously don't blog enough ...

But if you ever come across a similar list for commenting ...

3:26 AM  
Blogger Adele Richards said...

Shannon, it's not possible for you to comment too much!

I only wish my silent readers would follow your lead and leave me a little paw print to mark the day.
YES that was a LARGE hint...

xx

5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home