Tuesday, January 10, 2006

We've got a Harley

So, er, yesterday we went into town to pay a few bills. First stop the Office Supplies store. So while Dave goes in there he suggests to me that I pop into the Vets two doors down as there is a cute cat in there.

I knew it was a trap.

Still, I couldn't resist the opportunity to see a cute cat. Of course as soon as I saw him I wanted him.

Dave came in and said. "Oh that's not the cat I meant"

Apparently the cat Dave had been eyeing up (unbeknownst to me) had been re-homed before Christmas.

Instead there was a 1 year old ginger tom called Harley, sitting there looking for a new home. As soon as he was loosed from his cage he came up and headbutted my hand....so I knew he was a good cat.

He had to be re-homed after he kept beating up the other cat in the household. Yes, he's a bit of a hard case. The anti-Harrison if you like.

So we took him home with us.

Whereas Harrison spent his first week hiding in nooks and crannies - so much so we feared he was dead several times...Harley wandered around excitedly and then came to sit on my knee. He is one of the friendliest cats I've ever come across.

So despite the fact that I have been carefully nurturing my heart of stone in the areas of cats (having given 2 up in the past was just too much to contemplate starting over again)....I weakened.

Still I'm jolly glad as it is very nice to have a small ginger cat following me around the house.






10 Comments:

Blogger s@bd said...

Now THAT is one good-looking ginger-haired feline. And Harley's cute too.

1:33 AM  
Anonymous Alyn said...

You could fit five Harley's inside of Harrison!

2:13 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

You could have fed a family of five for a week with Harrison judging from the photo's...

2:27 AM  
Blogger Ash said...

Awww - he's soooo cute!

2:57 AM  
Blogger Joy said...

Very cute cat...looks like mine

3:42 AM  
Blogger A.J. said...

If I liked cats at all I am sure I would think Harley was cute. However, I am with Shannon..... Adele you are a babe!!!!!

12:37 PM  
Anonymous jason w said...

I am very concerned about Harley. He appears to be wasting away. Are you feeding him enough? It looks like you can't even roll him sideways like a basketball.

12:33 PM  
Blogger chirobiro said...

Oh, Wow, what an absolutely wonderful bundle of feline loveliness.

I wish you much joy of the kneeding of any soft parts of you, the butting of his head into your chin, the dead arms and pins and needles, cos he's just so darn cute you don't want to move him, although your arm is about to drop off and of course the making you late for all sorts of things, cos hes just rolled over and you absolutely need to give is furry tummy, just... one... more... rub...

many happy cat returns.

f
xxx

1:49 PM  
Blogger weegeemcschuler said...

Hurah, Dave prooves once again that he is a friend of felines and not truely a Dog lover that all men feel they must be!! So glad you've got a new puddy cat. Does Harrison write to you often? Has he cut the ties of friendship no that another Ginger kitty has stolen your heart??
Love G

4:20 AM  
Blogger Andrew G said...

he's cute...

but cats are from the fall

3:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home