Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The Year 2005 - Highlights and Split Ends

Happy New Year dear ones! I hope that your NYE was suitably explosive or squib-like depending on your preference. Ours was a double hit with a very entertaining Karaoke evening with Dave's fam, followed by banter chez Lorraine and Vern with some very funny and gorgeous friends.

The winner (in my opinion) of Dave's family's fancy dress competition was nephew Matthew. He carried off his Freddie Mercury impression with panache, a fake moustache and a lovely pair of skin-tight, lilac Christian LaCroix shiny slacks. Nice.

(Actually I was quite taken with the trousers and spent most of the evening wondering if they would fit me.)

Anyway I digress. This is supposed to be a reflective post on the year 2005.

I love New Year. Not the actual celebrating of it as such. Just the anticipation of what the new year will bring. It's like having a load of unopened presents and wondering what they all are. I like the fact that God knows what we have in store. What fun it must be to know everything that he knows. Of course the things may not be that nice....but there's bound to be some nice things in there....aren't there?

Ok, so 2005.

I have to say I am very glad that 2005 is over. However it did have some highlights:

January:
Alyn & AJ's wedding - mucho fabness

Signs & Wonders School - mind blown by Patricia King. Start of journey of revelation about The Cross. Yes folks, I finally start to get to grips with what it means to be a Christian....

Prophetic Word from Ivan & Isabel 'I see you in New Zealand, I see you living there'
(raaaather helpful in the decision making process)

Feb/March:
3 week trip to NZ - gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!
SWAM WITH 700 DOLPHINS - man that was cool.
(ok I did nearly get hypothermia, but it was worth it - also to hear Dave singing through his snorkel to the dolphins)

Catching up with Karen, Steff and my god-daughter Rhionna in Auckland.
Spending a couple of days in fabulous Sydney. Also meeting Nicole there and her family, pastors etc.

April:
Trip to Nigeria - actually that was rather hard.
Trip to South Africa - that was so fab. Pretoria is great.
Amazing God encounter on 14 April - more revelation of grace and 'God in me'

May:
Chicago conference: connecting with Marguerite, getting blasted with Denise and Amanda, seeing the Ukrainians electrocuted by the Holy Spirit.

June:
Lovely Laura's visit to TO. Seeing baby racoons with her, trip to the islands with her and Sarah. Dave making friends with the guy in the tight pink t-shirt (don't ask).

July:

San Jose conference. Getting to hang out with Melissa and Danielle in California. Having Starbucks 3 times a day. Mel driving me to Sausalito. Meeting up with Becca Dyste. Pizza and shopping with Carol. >happy sigh<
Oh and the conference was good too.

James & Denise teaching at the Leaders School. Getting blasted with Father's tangible presence. Having Jan and Sandra to stay. Seeing Ruthie Green. Good times.

Ernesto performs minor miracle on my hair to create va va voom. Also free cappucino. Day out of fun with Sarah. YEY. Made our own soup at Spring Rolls on Front Street.

Lynley's 40th birthday party - a glamorous occasion with great grub (thanks Stuart). My first taste of Dim Sum. Verdict? Yum.

August:
Siberia trip with the fabbo Dalleys, Greg Veestra, and all round great team. LOVE Russia LOVE Russians. LOVE working and being with the Dalleys. LOVE how the Russians respond to God. Amazing.
Meeting Brigitte at Heathrow for a few hours before our flight back to TO.

September:
Don't ask.

October:
Seeing friends and family in the UK.

Travelling with James for a few weeks. Finland was a highlight. Love the Fins. Fab to see Veikko again and meet Mimosa. Barry Adams is the bomb. More fabulous, hard, Father Heart healing stuff.
Catching up with Fi from York in Leeds. She is lovely!

November:
Arrival in NZ. My goodness we made it!
Finding amazing house - a God-gift.
LYNLEY'S HAVING A BABY!!!!! Big grins.

December:
Back home for friends and frivolity.
Seeing the lovely Dalleys!
Seeing Paul & Liz Lynch (friends and former pastors). Soooo good to see them!

I'm sure I've forgotten lots of things....but these are the highlights my diary helped me to remember!

As for the split ends and fluffy hair aspects......well just dial up:
emigrating again.... selling house complications... selling possessions nightmare...packing insanity... moving company incompetency... finding shipping company on 'Frauds' website... leaving friends, church, ministry, home, Starbucks...permanent jet lag....living in country a LONG way away...

So as they say in the cartoons 'That's all folks!' That was 2005....what a crazy year!

So what do you think about 2006? Just pretend this is the Elijah List.....write me your prophetic utterance....

xx

6 Comments:

Anonymous Sarah said...

My prophetic utterance for 2006 for you...
1. Expansion. There will be an expanding of many things in your lives. It will be good expansion.
2. Friendship. There will be many friends visiting you. (This is not as prophetic as the first one, as I alreadyknow that I am coming to visit!)
3. Favour. Favour. Favour. God is going to shower favour on you this year.
Love you lots...

5:43 PM  
Blogger whydothenationsrage said...

oh sweet woman ... I get jet-lag just reading this! Did you *really* do all of that in 2005?!

geez. All i did was have a baby. And I haven't been off this continent since ummm ... 2001. No joke.

mwa dahlink. I think you're fabulous. No wonder Sarah (also fabulous) loves you so much and is willing to go to *the ends of the earth* to see you.

2:55 AM  
Blogger s@bd said...

erm ... meant to be 's' NOT whydothenationsrage ...

sorry about that!

2:58 AM  
Blogger Ash said...

My prophetic word for you for 2006 is:

well actually, it was a picture of a river, and then I saw a tree by the river and thought of Ezekiel 47:12 "Fruit trees of all kinds will grow on both banks of the river. Their leaves will not wither, nor will their fruit fail. Every month they will bear, because the water from the sanctuary flows to them. Their fruit will serve for food and their leaves for healing."
and of
Revelation 22:2
'On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.'

Love you loads,
Ash

2:20 AM  
Blogger A.J. said...

First of all we are honoured to have made the highlights list for 2005. It was wonderful and hilarious having you and Dave MC for us and we would be happy to write a recommendation for you should you decide to start a wedding Mc-ing business! J

As far a words go I got “Adventure.” Adele this next year is going to mark a year of adventure for you. I see you climbing mountains and fording streams into the depth of both God and who you are. I also see wrapped gifts along this path and I believe that you will be opening many of your hearts desires along the path that God has for you, but also gifts you haven’t expected or even dared to dream are coming your way. I can’t wait to see the blogs!

Love you!

11:37 PM  
Blogger Andrew G said...

i think 2006 is the year you finally lighten up

3:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home