Monday, February 27, 2006

Oh me miserum!

You know it's bad when the title of the post is in Latin.

I love the fact that I studied Latin. A dead language. DEAD COOL is what I think they mean.

I mean don't you just wish you could say this more often?:

Claudius sub arbore cantat

(Claudius is singing under a tree)

Also very useful for answering Trivial Pursuit questions about the meaning of words....unless they have a pesky Greek origin. Goshdarnit....if it hadn't been for those pesky Greeks I'd have gotten away with it. (Classical reference to Scooby Doo there for you educated folks...)

Anyway this is me in finest DENIAL form trying to be jolly about dead languages when really all that is happening is that Sarah has gone.

AG.

GNASH.

HEAVE.

RANT.

WEEP.

FLABBER.

FALL TO FLOOR.

GNASH SOME MORE.

FLAIL.

BEMOAN.

BEWAIL.

DO EVERYTHING AGAIN BUT BEGINNING WITH 'BE'

BE-WEEP

BE-AG

BE-GNASH

Anyway you get the picture. She is gone. Back to the frozen wastes of Canada.

She came. She tanned. She ate Fish & Chips by the lake. She drank beer by the lake. She jumped in the waves at the beach. She proclaimed "BEAUTY!" every five minutes of the day. She waited on me hand and foot. She made me Cauliflower cheese every day for 4 days. She made vegetable kebabs to accompany Dave's meaty barbecues. She laughed at Ally McBeal. She stroked my hair. She petted my feet. She smelled nice. She stopped traffic. She went up in a helicopter. She named my car 'Sydney' after Sydney Bristow. She did Sudoku puzzles. She read Lord of the Rings. She put Factor 30 on. She burned. She cried with me during Ally McBeal (when XXXXX dies). She cried with me during "In Her Shoes". She talked to me about God.

Yeah it was pretty tough to take, but I pressed on through.

And now she's gone.

Oh me miserum.

(Latin for - I am sad).

11 Comments:

Blogger Andrushka said...

I am SAD too...
Heh heh... I feel for you Adele. Peace be upon you. One Latin phrase that I draw hope from : In vino veritas.
Crack a bottle open and drown that lonliness away.
Oooooooooh right, you're preggies. Dang , never mind. Oh! "Vah! Denuone latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur."
Ave et vale, to Sarah.

6:16 AM  
Blogger Adele Richards said...

Andrushka - I'd love to speak Latin with you...but sadly I too am out of practise - still, I enjoyed this offering so much I read it three times and smiled.

6:56 AM  
Blogger David Richards said...

Please refer to MY tribute to Sarah - it avoided the latin (of which I am fluent) and it includes PHOTOS
http://destiny7.blogspot.com/
Oh and my word verification is nlb poo which make me chuckle very slightly!

8:09 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

sorry flower we need to fly friends over in succession who can look after you. by the sounds of it you'll never have a week to yourself.

love you
L
xxxx

10:19 AM  
Blogger s@bd said...

Sad for you. So sorry all light has gone out of your world. (of course, you DID move, like, a MILLION MILES away ...)

Seriously - i am sorry. It's SO much nicer to have a good girlfriend or mommy around during pregnancy (especially during the first and last trimesters).

David: shameless! shameless!! Using Adele's blog to promote your own!! heh heh

12:29 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

just want to say love you again and even though you're so far away thinking of you and missing you tons.

L
xxxx

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Alyn & AJ said...

Well you do need to share you know! We've been without the Dalley Meistress for 3 weeks now. On the way home last night, AJ squeeled with delight and proclaimed, "Sarah comes home tonight!". Of course Sarah is going into a week long staff retreat so I am not sure how compos mentis (I thank you, thank you) she's going to be.

But just think Adele, in exactly one month (on the 27th no less) we'll be with you! And while I'm certainly not as tanned or as blonde as Sarah I can do clever things with you Mac and I've learnt some card tricks. Oh and I like Ally McBeal. So we can be the pregnancy minions.

Love you both!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Andrushka said...

Much obliged.

5:11 PM  
Blogger JP said...

I don't think plant life would have lived much longer here in toronto, first you two and then Sarah...

We'll just have to share :>

Or we could all move to New Zealand?

sigh...

12:20 AM  
Blogger A.J. said...

Oh sadness.....

Well for you. For me, I am thrilled to have her back and can't wait to hang out and catch up. I hear you almost got her blogging..... sigh......

I bow to you blog influencing prowess!

12:19 AM  
Anonymous The Aforementioned Sarah said...

oh you miserum.
oh me miserum.
gnash gnash gnash.
i appreciated the usage of latin. it made me feel quite immortal.
love you
xx

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home