Thursday, February 02, 2006

The tag thingy

Ok those of you who read Shannon's blog (which should be ALL of you because it is so stinking good)...will know that she has been tagged and has now tagged me (and everyone else in the universe.) I don't really get tagging...but it's something like you fill in a quiz on your blog and then other people have to do it too. Anyway, saves me thinking up something to say so here is the Four Things Tag:

****4 jobs I've held:

1) giant hippo in a shop window (much more dangerous than you might imagine...the general public are vicious to dress-up hippos)
2) serving cream cakes (much harder than you might imagine....I once dropped an eclair on my foot while trying to get it into the box....I very wittily cried out "Shoe Pastry" get it? "Choux pastry"? No, the man whose eclair it was wasn't impressed either)
3) PR executive (dressing up nicely, smiling at journalists, passing journalists a Pimms, asking journalists to write an article on our GPS Fishfinder Client)
4) Pensions clerk (worst possible job ever, but I did learn to type in 25 digit numbers using only left hand, with my eyes closed. Bet you're glad I wasn't working on your pension....)


****4 movies I can watch over and over:

'Cat Balou' with Jane Fonda (totally camp and hilarious)

'The Thomas Crowne Affair' ( I want to be Rene Russo...just for the outfits)

'Something's Gotta Give' (Diane Keaton is totally fabulous and the dialogue is brilliant....that's so pretentious...but so true. The writer, Nancy Meyers is a total genius.)

Oh I dunno....all the ones everyone else would put...The Matrix, LOTR, French Kiss, What Women Want, Lost in Translation...

Bored of this question, NEXT!


****4 places I have lived

1) in student digs in the Medieval city of York, UK
2) in a warehouse in Toronto, Canada
3) by a river in New Zealand
4) in my imagination (ha ha couldn't resist that one!)


****4 Tv shows I love to watch
1) Ally McBeal (the dance routines in the unisex bathroom do it for me)
2) Seinfeld (at first I thought it was stupid cos nothing happened, then I realised it was funny because nothing happened)
3) Inspector Morse (John Thaw could read out of a phone book and be broodingly captivating)
4) Basil Brush (boom, boom)


****4 places I have been on vacation
1) The Seychelles (hot, got food poisoning, laughed at by locals for being so white)
2) Kenya - on safari (hot, got food poisoning, laughed at by locals for being so white)
3) Barbados (hot, got food poisoning, laughed at by locals for being so white)
4) Barcelona, Spain (hot, nice architecture, creepy street entertainers, no food poisoning)


****4 of my favourite dishes
1) Thai Green Curry
2) Pad Thai
3) Seafood Hotpot (at Queen Mother Cafe)
4) Peanut Satay (by Yahwen's Mum - genuine Indonesian grub (actually she did actually offer me a live, wriggling grub for lunch once, but I turned her down.)

****4 websites I visit daily
1) Shannon's blog
2) Alyn & AJ's blogs
3) Jason & Krista's blog
4) Laura's blog and Nothing But Bonfires

Ok, so what I'm cheating. Sue me

****4 places I would rather be right now
1) Toronto - out in Queen Mother Cafe eating Hotpot with Sarah, Stuart & Lynley, Gordon & Cathy, Alyn & AJ, Jason & Krista, Shannon and Gillian & Jason. Ah sigh.
2) Bournemouth - lazing around Laura's apartment with (duh) Laura, Loz (Vernie but he'd be looking after the kids) and Chris for sordid first date stories
3) San Francisco or better still Sausalito, at dusk, with Melissa Belle Rhodes. I love that girl.
4) Watching 'What Not to Wear' with the Bishops (not actual bishops...but Dave's sister & fam.) and being scandalised as Trinny reveals her bottom on national TV. OR eating pancakes with the Dalleys....and poking David in the stomach with my pointy elbow (as opposed to the blunt one).

Oh and I'd rather be with you right now as well....if I haven't mentioned you already. xx

****4 bloggers I am tagging
Alyn
AJ
Krista
Laura

Get on with it you 4!!!

13 Comments:

Blogger A.J. said...

Oh my gosh! What that's it! You tag me and I have to compete with your witty repertoire and write my own? Well I won't do it! You can't make me!

Oh Ok I will do it but only because if I don't do it I don't think you will let me in your house next month!

By the way I am pretty sure that if you have that kind of track record of food poisoning Dave should pick your food out from now on.

Oh and all 3 of the movies you mentioned would pretty much be on my flight to hell playing over and over again with Renee Russo being my only person to talk to.... horrible!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Vernie said...

Tag? Isn't that something kids do with spray cans?

Thanks for the mention, although I did notice that I was in brackets - is that less of a mention, or in blog terms does it elevate it to a 'significant mention', not sure.

Handy tip, no ice cubes, no salad, no street sellers and definately don't let me cook for you, or Dave of course, don't want to start rumours, that'll stop the poisoning.

One day, maybe my blog will be on your top four.

2:52 PM  
Blogger s@bd said...

Maybe we're the same person? Cuz people in hot places make fun of me too. (which is why I generally avoid hot places: I can't stand all the staring and pointing.) Actually, people in Canada (which is sometimes hot-ish) make fun of me, too: I used to date a Greek guy who called me Manga as a pet name.

As I've mentioned previously, it's VERY difficult for me to imagine you as a hippo.

'choux/shoe pastry': LMAO.

I want to be rene russo for the hair. And for looking that good over 40.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hello there,

I didn't go to Bath I ended up at Lyndhurst!!!

I'll try Bath tomorrow.

I haven't found the tag yet?

snogs
L
xxx

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

i would like to know more about the giant hippo costume. i mean.. HOW? WHY? WHO HIRED YOU?? I mean...... absolutely no resemblance....purleese......yet somehow deeply intriguing...what were you advertising? The zoo? Hippos for Humanity : )
Hippos are my favourite zoo animal though... : )
love you
xxx

10:09 PM  
Blogger Adele Richards said...

Vernie - you were only in brackets because I knew you would have to stay at home with the kids. What the heck just bring the kids too, Laura won't mind!
By the way check out Vernie's blog - it's hilarious.

AJ - cannot believe you hate my favourite films....when you visit we will have to watch them all together so I can explain them to you.....over and over again..

S - feel very pleased with myself for working out your LMAO (laugh my ass off)....and THANK YOU, at last someone gets the Choux/Shoe joke....only 16 years late.

Sarah - And as for the hippo suit can I say it was VERY padded and very hot. I was advertising Silentnight beds (their logo is a hippo in pyjamas). The father of a friend asked me to do it.

Now I come to think of it...why didn't SHE do it?

Hrumph....

Laura - the tag is to answer the questions on this post (4 things lists) xx

11:55 PM  
Blogger Ash said...

I just clicked onto Shannon's blog from the link you put and I've been tagged too and I don't even know Shannon!

I had some peanut satay a couple of days ago and it was sooooooo yummy!

Love you ash x

3:43 AM  
Blogger Andrushka said...

Hello. Akward and random, my name's Andrew. Friend of shannon, she changed my diapers as a baby (nooooo lie), work with her teaching music. good times. I've read your blog for the past little while, and have decided I get a kick out of your life. wow.. SO akward. heh heh. So... kudos(?) to you...? You're HI-larious. I pretty much LOVE pad-thai and thai green curry. If you've ever been to Spring Rolls down town T.O., they have really good thai green curry. REALLY good.

4:12 AM  
Blogger s@bd said...

erm. Adele, Andrew's OKAYDOKAY. Really, he is. (not a stalker)

4:31 AM  
Blogger weegeemcschuler said...

What Lost in translation --> you actually liked that movie -oh, i found it weird and s-l-o-wwwwww
but Basil brush BOOm BOOM on the other hand well there's a blast from the past - do u remember button moon or what about the Magic roundabout :0)
how's harley these days?

5:35 AM  
Blogger Vernie said...

Brackets, love them, I like (brackets), I don't (use) them (enough) ))((

10:18 AM  
Blogger A.J. said...

Adele, I may be forced to break anything resembling a DVD player or TV if you threaten to make me watch ANY of those movies! I will of course blame it on the cat, as everyone knows that cats are evil.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Andrew G said...

Amen and Amen and Amen AJ. Cats are from the fall.

1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home