Monday, March 20, 2006

Baby does the boogie!

JUST got back from the 12 week scan...

It all began with having to drink a litre of water and then wait for an hour....without going to the bathroom.

This is pure unadulterated torture in my world.

I tried to nominate Dave for this part, as I am very much into the sharing of the pregnancy experience. He seemed to get off lightly with the morning sickness so I thought he could be the one to blow up his bladder like a huge balloon and then sit around with a pained expression on his face. But no!

Anyway FINALLY the scan bit started and there was the baby on the screen!

And the baby was a-boogie-ing all over the place. What a groover and a wriggler! At one point he was even waving one arm in the air (like s/he just didn't care). If there had been a crowd there...I'm sure s/he would have tried crowd surfing.

Anyway things to confirm: No crowd. One baby and one baby alone. PHEW.

Baby is good size, has all limbs (we saw the toes and the fingers!!!) and an excellent set of ears. (two, in case you were wondering)

I was mildly alarmed when the lady doing the scan started talking about the four arms.....

Until I realised it was forearms. Hence I can confirm I am not incubating a Hindu god.

Maybe a bit of a god on the dancefloor though.

Boogie on baby!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger David Richards said...

Well today was a highlight in my life - to see our baby for the first time - I couldn't stop smiling :-)))))

9:17 AM  
Blogger s@bd said...

I cried at my first ultrasound. Bawled. Like the sad, weeping heart I am ...

3:30 PM  
Blogger A.J. said...

Oh... aren't you all so darn cute!

I have to say I am incredibly releaved that you are not "incubating a hindu god"
... phew that was close! ;-)

Anyhoo we are in the lounge waiting to board the plane to come and see you!!!!

Yippeeee!!!!

5:40 PM  
Blogger Ash said...

wow Adele,

That is so exciting!

Love you,
Ash x

1:56 AM  
Blogger chirobiro said...

How exciting for you both...xxx. how's the puking going?

lots of love
fee
x

12:31 PM  
Blogger weegeemcschuler said...

what 2 sets of ears, oh my - what a discerning young Adelave or Davadele this one will be :0)
Yipee, can't wait to see the pics :-)

3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home