Friday, March 17, 2006

Batten your hatches!

We might be in a town near you in about 3 weeks time.....

Yes! Let the celebrations begin because my gorgeous and witty brother James has proposed to his gorgeous and lovely girlfriend, Christa, and they are getting wed in 3 short weeks.

SURPRISE!!!

But of the very best kind.

SO...Dave and I are hopping on a plane or 8 and coming to the UK for the wedding on 13th April. We will still be in the country for that other momentous occasion - my birthday on the 15th! Nicely timed wouldn't you say? Also happens to be the Easter Weekend...and my godson's birthday (on the 12th). Hurrah and huzzah.

And there's more....

En route to the UK we are visiting Toronto!!!! YES for five happy days we will be reunited with those we love in the land of Canadia. It's been 6 months since we left so we thought we'd take the opportunity to pop back and pay off those library fines. (Huh? No that wasn't supposed to make any sense).

So we arrive at YYZ (TO airport) Terminal 2 at 7.40pm on Thursday 6th April.

We sojourn, weeping copiously with joy at seeing you all again. We spend a ridiculous amount of time in Starbucks catching up. I finally get to satisfy my craving for a Tim Horton's bagel (honey and wholewheat with light cream cheese). We embrace you all to our manly and womanly bosoms and then we fly off into the sunset.

(Well actually it's a 9am flight on Wednesday 12th April.)

So there you have it. Several weeks to develop the mental fortitude it takes to cope with us in person...get fortituding!

I am so excited...the wedding....the birthday with friends....the Toronto visit....could it get any better?

YEY. YEY. YEY.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Andy Green said...

Well let me be the first to say yippeee...it'll be good to see how you're developing! and thankfully by then you'll be fully past the chukky phase...really pleasant isn't it... Dave? Life with someone shouting 'Europe' down the big white telephone every five minutes is no fun...especially if its in the ensuite loo in the middle of the nite!?

We'll see you next month! Nice to see you haven't given up globe trotting...oh and congrats to James!

12:37 PM  
Blogger Andrushka said...

Well I find this very interesting.
My one true love that I met in highschool moved to England for University this past Sept. (King's College), and she is suprising us, her friends, with a visit next week. You Brits/Adopted Brits are full of surprises... literally. Whats the deal?! All those meat pies and tea must do it. Which I do love. How very exciting that you'll be reunited with your Canadian Friends! I would say "Hey! Let's be sure to get together while you're here!"
But that's weird. I'll feel your fabulous presence here when you land, I'm sure. Congrats for you're exciting season of celebratories comming up!

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

YOU"RE COMING.

Let me share my rejoicing with the world.
Get ready to be besieged for a week of harassment.....
heh heh heh..
xx

9:56 PM  
Blogger JP said...

I am ec-freaking-static!!!!

I'm gonna kill the fattened calf! (or maybe give ya a steak or two)

Love you two and it'll be very good to see ya's and maybe sing you a few songs ;)

2:01 AM  
Anonymous Alyn said...

Oh my gosh! How flipping cool is this! We'll get to see you in your native Taupo *AND* we get to see you again - not two weeks later - in Toronto. Surreal!

So excited, so excited, so excited!

3:58 AM  
Anonymous AJ said...

Well this certainly beats the "nutella" post! I would cheer and dance for joy but actually we will still be in your neck of the woods for the first few days of you being here! However blog readers (and D&A) I would like to remind you that we shall be spending 4.5 gorgeous days with Dave and Adele in lovely NZ .. yep we leave MOnday!!!! HURRAY!!!!

4:03 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

ok you're booked in no work no hassels just ring for your chauffer. Who by the way is improving! promise not to scare you this time HONEST.

smiling biggly
Love
L
xxx

5:41 PM  
Blogger s@bd said...

I want to see you! I want to see you!!

pleeeeeeeease?

(Try to forget that I don't actually know you that well. Forget ALL THAT! Keep in mind that I have completely and totally fallen in love with y'all pretty much since you left. And put it out of your mind that I rejected your cat. Because that wasn't me AT ALL, that was Christian.)

7:37 PM  
Blogger Adele Richards said...

Maybe we should have a bloggers party....where we all sit around and exchange pithy comments. But everytime we want to speak we have to do a word verification first....that'll really cut down on my comments.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Andrushka said...

Heh Heh Heeeeh..
That would be a night (or morning [or afternoon]) to remember.
OH OH! the word verification could be latin words. You and I would obviously be the only one's commenting.

4:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home