Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Goshdarnit I've been outdone but at least it's by one of my favourite people (for a list of my other favourites please send your credit card details)

I've been trumped.
Out-done.
Shown-up.
Superceded.
Rendered null and void.
And all in the nicest possible way.

And by Cathy Harris - a CANADIAN.
(Yes this is relevant and not an indication that I am still harbouring feelings of hatred towards Air Canada)

U-huh.

For those of you who read this blog with a religious fervour bordering on fanaticism - well done. Keep up the good work and consider flagellating yourselves with birch twigs when you don't leave a comment.

Er, where was I? Oh yes - for those blogomaniacs out there, you'll remember my recent brush with royalty.

AKA The Day Prince Glared at Me. ( I would put in a link to the previous post on this, but frankly links are hard work with Macs and I cannot be bothered. Page down a few posts and you'll find it.....charmed I'm sure!)

Well I may get a PRINCE.

But Cathy gets a QUEEN!!!!

In fact THE QUEEN. Her right royal highness the Queen of England, no less.

Yes on her recent visit to London for Nicky & Nathaniel's wedding, Cathy SAW the Queen and not only did the Queen NOT glare at her, but the Queen WAVED.

Good grief!!! How flipping exciting is that???

Anyway, the relevance of the fact that Cathy is Canadian...is that I am English and I've never seen the Queen. HRUMPH.
Although Canada is still in the Commonwealth so she is your Queen too. Ok, ok, I'll learn to share.

SO that's a pretty cool thing to happen don't you think? And couldn't have happened to a nicer person.

(Hey, you Canadians aren't going to take offense at this are you? You know I love Canada? Hey, I'm practically a Canuck. You KNOW I love Tim Hortons.....)

OOh and here is the photo Cathy took:




The Queen is the one in pink on the left hand side as you look at it (yes, in the back seat...the ones in the front are men).

5 Comments:

Blogger s@bd said...

love that cathy. last time i saw her (on Monday ... when she didn't mention THE QUEEN sighting) she was sporting an AMAZING RED LEATHER jacket. i almost knocked her out and stole it.

4:37 AM  
Anonymous jason said...

If it makes you feel any better, a wave could be directed at any number of people, masses even, but a glare can only really be directed at one. So perhaps the specificity of the gesture balances the significance of the individual making the gesture.

(Although perhaps a yankee can never truly appreciate the significance of the Queen).

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

I think I may have trumped you both.. My picture of His Papal Majesty, smiling and waving at ME from the Popemobile, surrounded by hot Italian guards in fab suits and ties and sunglasses with rippling muscles and, oh sorry, i got a little distracted, shall soon be forthcoming...

5:05 PM  
Blogger Joy said...

Adele,

I am so sorry you where out done but you will be having a baby soon so then you will be the famous one...

12:45 AM  
Blogger Mimo said...

Haha Adele, you are SO funny. You shal be a FUN mum. And I shall keep my eyes open and know now where to reprt any celebrity sitings..Did I tell you already I shared a lift ride in Glasgow with one of the hobbits?

Much Love Mims

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home