Monday, May 08, 2006

The pregnancy belly revealed...well, sort of.

There are things that go bump in the night.

Things that you might notice...without having to squint and turn your head quizzically to the left.

And then there is my bump.

This bump is 20 weeks old on Friday (that's 5 months for the non-metric amongst us).

Honestly, it looks quite big from my angle:

















And I feel confident that you - being discerning friends and family - can see I am low with child. Although I'll helpfully indicate my tummy for you, just in case you thought Junior was hiding in my elbow. (See, I am nothing if not considerate):






















Ok, how about if I turn to the side? What do you mean there's no use pouting....?






















What if I lean back?
(I do all my own stunts - just like Tom Cruise. Except that I don't go weirdly intense in interviews when you ask questions about religion. And I don't leap on Oprah's couches. And I don't insist on people giving birth in a non-screaming fashion.)



Well at least you can admire the sexy elasticated top of my maternity jeans.....can't you?



Uh. Anyway. I picked this outfit as it shows off my bump. No really. It does. Try squinting and turning your head quizzically to the left.

(By the way I don't know why all my witty comments are migrating away from the photos, or wrapping around them in bizarre fashion....techno advisors feel free to inform me).

Maybe it's just that bumps are notoriously difficult to capture on film (or in a mega pixie). Perhaps they are just like ski runs. You can never get a shot that shows how steep the snow really is. Ditto my belly.

Anyway in skiing terms, I'm traversing away from the baby slopes (ironically) and am definitely a blue run. And just think - in 4 months I'll be a double diamond black run with very dangerous curves.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Fi said...

that ain't no bump - you can still see your feet!

6:25 PM  
Anonymous krista said...

i love the bump. i love the baby in the bump.
i am struck by how you are in jeans and a sweater, and i had shorts and a tank top on the other day.
in 1 more month your bump will be an intermediate blue run. or maybe 2 weeks even! and then your elasticized jeans will maybe get a chance to use their elastic. :)
love you!

6:37 PM  
Blogger Adele Richards said...

Fi, who says they're MY feet?

(but, yeah, they are)

And K - yep the antipodean weirdness continues - it's approaching ski season here - the snow is on the mountains (which always helps).

Mind you the locals are still in shorts and t shirts, it's just me and my supernatural ability to 'feel the cold' that propells me into big woollie pullies.

9:30 PM  
Blogger sLeEpY*~*sArAh said...

Awww!!! I can see the bump! But maybe it's cuz a month ago, I was in the exact same position (seeing the baby bump that is . . .) trying to show everyone else that I was in fact developing a child!

Just wait, you'll see a drastic change in the 5month mark to the 6 month mark. That's been the biggest growth spurt for me so far . . .
I'll let you know how I'm feeling at 7 months! LoL

Loving your maternity jeans though! Very nice!

10:52 PM  
Blogger Ash said...

Hi Adele,

I could only see a little hint of a bump but what I could definitely see is the beautiful glow in your face.

I don't know why pregnant women seem to have a glow on their faces, but you definitely have a very beautiful glow, so I would without doubt know that you are with child :)

Love Ash x

3:31 AM  
Blogger s@bd said...

ummm ...

I have a bigger bump and I'm not pregnant.

(I would call you a nasty name now, but I was like that with Sadie. I didn't even buy maternity clothes until I was 5 or 6 months pregnant. So, you're spared the nasty name.)

6:45 PM  
Blogger Mimo said...

Love the jeans!

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home