Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Are there any other circumstances under which this is acceptable behaviour?

When someone bids you farewell by saying "See you on Thursday!"

And you reply - outloud. OUT LOUD. "Hopefully not!"

And it is perfectly acceptable?

When you are hoping to go into labour at any stage....it becomes acceptable.

I'm being optimistic as her due date is not till this Friday and let's face it that is a bit of an arbitrary date which means not much in the greater scheme of things. Despite this Dave has scheduled the birth in. Apparently it's going to start at 2.30pm on Friday and she'll be here by 7.30pm. Which would be a bit of a lively schedule if you ask me.....

Meanwhile I am torturing myself with thoughts that she could actually, legitimately be another 2 weeks!!!! Oh the impatience!

I seem in the last few days to have genuinely reached that 'fully pregnant' feel which some women seem to experience for weeks/months. It's the...ooh I can hardly twist around to look over my shoulder when reversing the car.....please don't make me bend over I may never be upright again....argh I have a 7lb baby bouncing on my bladder and bottom-bumping my stomach....FEELING.

I've just been to the midwife and the breaking news is that for the first time in about 8 weeks Baby R (shall we call her Drumstick?) has moved position! Sadly it is the wrong way!!! She is now a little bit posterior....so her spine is running down my left side....but further over and heading around the back.

Hopefully this just means she has decided to take the long route to the correct side.....via my backbone. Fair enough. I am a bit of an ambler myself when it comes to getting from A to B.

Otherwise, all is well....just about every possible little thing is ready....we have decided on a firstname...if she is in fact actually and really a girl. But don't ask me what it is as we won't unveil it until we see her and see if it fits. I'm also getting a bit worried that with all the spoof names we've been bandying about (Cynthia, Agatha, Esmeralda, Drumstick) when we announce her REAL name - you will all think it is a joke! This is what happens to the girl who cries "Wolf!" or "Fire!". Actually I used to know a guy called Wolf Forrester-Barker.....but that's beside the point.

So be warned...when the name is announced attached to details such as birth date, weight etc...it's the REAL name. And stifle your laughter my friends. Stifle it, I say.

Ok, just to distract you from all this nonsense...how about some MORE pregnancy photos? Yes there are more....unbelievable isn't it? But inspired by Lynley's beautiful shots taken by the lovely AJ...I felt most thwarted that AJ wasn't here to make me look all wistful and content etc. So I booked a Taupo photographer....and I have to say the girl done good! Well, I like them anyway!



9 Comments:

Blogger Ash said...

Hi Adele,

The photos are amazing and you look wonderful. I was going to say 'hang in there' but I guess you have no choice but to wait anyway. I hope she gets in the right position soon. Can't wait to see photos of your baby girl.

Love you,
Ash x

3:17 AM  
Anonymous LA said...

I am praying that baby R is good at gymnastics and can do a summasult in time.
BTW you look fabulous.

3:23 AM  
Blogger chirobiro said...

Wow ! wolf whistles and sepia photos !!! how glam are you... "whistful woman with child" Enya like. gorgeous.

hang in there, or should i say to baby R hang out !.

x
fee

9:41 AM  
Blogger s@bd said...

You knew a guy named 'Wolf'?

1:08 PM  
Blogger sLeEpY*~*sArAh said...

Love the photos!!! Very gorgeous!

I can't wait to hear your daughter's name! Hey, have you picked out a "coming home" outfit for her when you two leave the hospital???

that was my favorite part, picking the outifts!

1:32 PM  
Anonymous caroline <> said...

Demi Moore & Brittany were not a target on your fab preganant lady radar... Mrs R & baby R oozing preganancy glam and class must be said.Love to you...

3:13 PM  
Blogger Joy said...

man i hope i look that good when I am about to have a child

9:39 PM  
Blogger A.J. said...

Love the pictures Adele! Very wistful and glam!

I too am praying for the little Drumstick to come about to the right position!

Much love!

3:20 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Bloody Nora girl you look darn sexy.
Proud of you
Snogs
L
x

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home