Monday, September 11, 2006

Nesting....or just a bit of light cleaning

Finally the nesting instinct kicks in.....

Or is it that I just got around to cleaning up?

Well I haven't got the urge to scale the walls and clean the picture rails. (Fortunate, as there aren't any.)

Or to ascend ladders up the side of the house and scrub the windows with my toothbrush.

And the tile floors are still safe from my close attention with a scourer.

Ok, so really all the 'nesting instinct' amounts to so far is a bit of hoovering, washing and ooooh - the piece de resistance - Shannon, are you ready for this? I organised the food in my cupboard into types....."carbs" "spices" "sauces" "snack foods" "jams & spreads" etc.

Phew! An achievement indeed.

Oooh and I washed all the baby clothes and bedding in eco friendly non-allergenicy stuff. And made up the cot and bassinet. So just in case Baby R decides she can't wait another 3 weeks to meet us, we are almost ready.

Oh and I sewed tags on a wall hanging for the nursery. And put things up on the walls. Cos we're renting we can't do much about the boring grey/brown walls so I've tried to snazz it up a bit with accoutrements.

I tried to take some photos to show you the baby's room....just in case you are interested!!!! I'm sure you're all as fascinated as me by bed linen and wall hangings......hmmmmmm! Enjoy!








10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

bit of a giraffe theme going on, i see... glad to see Roald Dahl in the mix right from the beginning. lots of love to you in the waiting, fi

9:14 AM  
Blogger sLeEpY*~*sArAh said...

I don't know if this helps . . .but I got the nesting instinct and cleaned and reorganized my entire house, then went into labour the next day - so it can definitely go that way!

I like the baby's bedding! It's really sweet!

11:30 AM  
Blogger A.J. said...

Very cute indeed! Is the bed beside the crib for Dave? I am assuming he will be on night duty. :-)

2:05 PM  
Blogger s@bd said...

excellent: you are now a part of the anal-shannon club. i expect your membership fee to arrive shortly.

10:02 PM  
Blogger weegeemcschuler said...

yeah,three weeks, I cannie believe it :0)
Did our gift arrive yet??? huh huh??
LOVE the cute bear photos...better go to bed myself, I said I wouldn't get on my computer when I came back home...ops!
mwuah! by the way, I've gone on vaction from blogland to myspace (traitor - I knwo) but check it out, I'm a much more successful techie on myspace than blog land:
www.myspace.com/weechaichick_dirtbikeboy

3:33 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

met up with my new friend from baby massage today who told me about her 3 hour labour, thats 3 hours form the first contraction til the baby came out, first baby and every thing, won't mention how long long poppy took, ooh i wrote long twice, think that was one of those oh so appropriate slips.
I think my nesting manafested itself in me sitting in my bed reading surrounded in duvet, literally nest like.

6:44 PM  
Blogger s@bd said...

also: there is no link to your blog from your Profile Page. it's really annoying, so you should change that.

Okay?

great. glad we had this little chat.

AJ: pay attention. your profile is equally lax.

5:19 AM  
Blogger chirobiro said...

Hi Adele.

Sure you know already, but Claire had a little girl 5lb something. Hazel Rose, I think they are staying hospital for a while as she is weeny.Don't know any more than that. If you speak to her on email can you give her my love.

xx
fee

PS lots of love to you too.

xx

4:01 PM  
Blogger A.J. said...

I am checking your blog from and airport in Brazil and there is nothing new?!!!

Oh how sad how will I ever console myself? Oh I know! Lots of red meat!

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

love the pictures.. Love Love Love them.

Give us More, I cry. Give us more!
: )
Can't wait to see it for myself..

Love you
Sarah
xx

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home