Monday, October 16, 2006

The Blessing of St Arbucks

Hey so it was our 11th wedding anniversary on Saturday (14 October).

To celebrate we piled into our new and rather snazzy Prado (which actually IS the size of a tank) and whisked off to Rotorua - the place of the rotten eggs. Nothing significant intended by that.

Of course when I say 'whisked' I mean we packed 83 bags full of spare nappies, clothes, spit-up cloths, snacks, water, carrying contraptions and the bassinet. And that was just for Dave.

Anyway, this grand expedition was under the banner of "Adele wants a video camcorder with which to record every twitch, snuffle and movement of her new and permanent obsession - Honour". Honour and I were incredibly helpful in this - I pushed her (in her pram, it's rude to push babies otherwise) into the first store. We stood at the videocamcorder thingy counter for about 3.33 minutes. Then she decided to cry. So I wheeled her into the fridge section and we wandered around that for a while. As she continued to request her lunch I then took her back out to the car park and fed her in the car (with some very nifty shifting of the chiffon muslin thingy over my shoulder)....

Meanwhile Dave did all the price comparison things, rushed around to all the stores, decided on the best deal, purchased camcorder and came back. Honour and I were still hanging out in the car park. We know how to have a good time.

Anyway, after that...the highlight. Da da daaaah. Yes we decided to get the definitive saintly blessing on our wedding anniversary and hotfooted it to St Arbucks. This was Honour's first official visit in person. I think it is important that we got her into the swing of the cafe culture on her 14th day of being in this world.

By the way I am not responsible for this:


But I was very responsible for glugging down this iced latte....yum!


Meanwhile, we have decided on Honour's middle name. Her full name is Honour Zoe Richards.
She now weighs 8lb7oz which is pretty good weight gain in 2 weeks and 2 days.

Clearly she likes her lattes.


6 Comments:

Blogger Ash said...

Honour Zoe Richards - that has a lovely ring to it! Lots and lots of love!

4:26 AM  
Anonymous caroline <> said...

she is such a doll! GOod that
st arbucks has had the pleasure of her first visit. I see she has been crowned St Arbucks Princess with the expensive bejewelled brown paper drink sleeve tiara:)
Love the name Zoe it means life doesn't it?
Love to richards fam.

4:22 PM  
Blogger s@bd said...

beautiful.

(I love 'z'. And 'x'. I love 'x', too. Next time, try to incorporate 'x' into your kid's name. Okay?)

3:53 AM  
Anonymous la said...

Incredibly fabulous that you have her drinking latte's (2nd hand) at 14 days. Quite an milestone in her life.
Love Zoe as a name!

2:15 PM  
Blogger A.J. said...

Love it! Love the name, love the latte, love the story and love you guys!

See you soon!

8:46 PM  
Blogger weegeemcschuler said...

I thought there weren't any starbuckses in NZ? and dave had surprised you with an amazing (of the best sort apart from flights around the world and diamonds or credit cards with no limit to go to fancy malls with)! Still, very very cool - has Honour begged to go back yet?
By the way....Zoe is one of my fave names - the meaning of course is fabUlous!!!! Zoe Schuler, I slip it by Jason's ears every so often (of course he's still baffled that i think of names and combos and have done for 3 years despite the fact the he and I are still Practising!! hee hee love to you all!!

4:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home