Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Public Outings

Made my first solo trip into town today. Well, when I say solo, I mean solo with Honour. Yes they even allow me to go out alone and unsupervised with her.

So I managed to get her successfully installed in the 'baby capsule' which sounds like something in which she should be shot into outer space. But is actually the car seat for ickle babies. I even managed to get her in without knocking her head off or dropping her on the floor. Pretty good eh? Mind you it's a good thing her legs are so bendy otherwise I don't know how I would have negotiated the vagaries of the 5 point seatbelt system. Don't the manufacturers of baby stuff know that I have fashioned my life so that I don't actually have to understand anything technical that involves buttons and clips and the suchlike. That's one of Dave's many skills.

Anyhoo we made it into town....I met Maya and baby Caleb for a hot chocolate and introduced Yfke to Honour. Then we popped into the estate agents to show Mel (heavily pregnant daughter of our real estate agent) the progeny. Then we hotfooted it to the curtain shop to show Sam and heavily pregnant partner, Hadie, the offspring. Yes I do just randomly make friends with anyone with an enlarged stomach. This is why Dave won't let me go into the pubs while the rugby is on. (Too many men with large beer bellies).

Speaking of public outings, I am hereby outing Dave as a closet performer. Today he was captured on film singing "My Girl" with a singing and dancing furry pig. Herewith the evidence.

Oh and some more photos of Honour. Surprise.







11 Comments:

Blogger chirobiro said...

Hi Delly

well done for getting out and about, I thought it takes about 3 months before that is possible???

love the action pictures of Dave singing.... such concentration.

lots of love to you both

x
fee

10:46 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I can't believe it's been 11 years!!!! Honour and Dave look fab you'll have to do a podcast with songs and forced appearences from Honour Zoe....

Love
L

5:02 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

joel says she looks just like Dave.

7:32 PM  
Blogger A.J. said...

Very Cute again of course!

So the question is who does she look like more? Does she look like either of you when you you were born?

I so can't wait to meet her in person!

8:52 PM  
Blogger The Fast & the Fabulous said...

Is it me or is she getting more and more gorgeous by the day? How can this be possible? : )
If I get a big belly will you come and meet me for coffee?
: )
smooches
s

1:36 AM  
Blogger s@bd said...

what could make me feel this way?

5:25 AM  
Blogger Mimo said...

she's so cute! adorable. x

9:04 PM  
Blogger Christa said...

Congrats you guys!!!! Shes adorable!!! Awwwwwwwwww!!!!!! :):):):)

10:16 PM  
Blogger Vernie said...

Any chance of hearing the song? Dave looks very animated in his rendition? Maybe on a video podcast?

Vern

1:51 PM  
Blogger Ash said...

aww, she is just so gorgeous!

4:26 AM  
Blogger Charlie said...

I AM IN LOVE! and not with Dave. but, please tell dave that Jason & I went camping last weekend. fire. whiskey. only thing missing was him. love ya Delly.

1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home