Saturday, June 30, 2007

I really should get out more...

Like, more than three times in the last 9 months. Three. That's the number of times Dave and I have left the house together in the evening in the last 9 months. Woooo! Are we wild, or what?

Last night was a pretty exciting one because it was our first movie-going experience in about 11 months! We galvanised ourselves into action and begged, borrowed and stole some babysitters in order to go to Ocean's 13.

Considering the 'huge pile of pants' that was Oceans 12, it was a bit of a gamble.

Plus I was a little overwhelmed when arriving at Taupo Cinema so see a massive crowd of people - about 40. FORTY.

We were a bit concerned we might actually have people, you know, sitting in front of us (the horror!) So I tried to rush the young ticket-taker girl in order to grab good seats. Sadly, she hadn't pulled the cardboard tab that said 'Open' for Oceans 13, and she turned me back. All 90 pounds of her.

When eventually we were directed into cinema 4, we were relieved to find that only about 20 of us were watching Oceans 13. Phew! A narrow escape there. We sat 6 rows in from the back. And we didn't have anyone sitting in front of us!

As you probably all know as you saw it about 8 gazillion years ago, Oceans 13 is excellent - lots of funny moments and back to the original heist format. (Without Julia Roberts pretending to be Julia Roberts pretending to be Julia Roberts actually being Julia Roberts. Tsk.)

On another note, the other week I finally got to see Little Miss Sunshine on DVD.

Oh. How. Good.

Loved it.

Seems like anything with Toni Collette in, is really good.

So, any other good film recommendations for me from those of you who are still connected to the real world?

Apparently, according to my friend Erica, I'd like 'Stranger than Fiction'. What do you think?

5 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

I was a little disappointed by Stranger than Fiction, but I suppose if you aren't expecting it to be a typical hilarous Will Ferrell movie then it's ok.

I still haven't seen Ocean's Thirteen.

I would recommend Deja Vu, Night at the Museum, The pursuit of Happyness. The Prestige was pretty good too, but very strange.

3:29 AM  
Blogger Lynley said...

Oh how weird. Stuart and I went out last night as well for dinner and a movie - Ocean's 13. But...conversation was so great we just ended up having dinner and postponed the movie. I am excited to hear it is excellent. Can't wait to see it now.

7:55 AM  
Blogger s@bd said...

Little Miss Sunshine: one of my absolute favourite movies of all time. LOVE it.

Stranger than Fiction: way not as funny as I expected. way more interesting than I expected. definitely see it - i think you'll enjoy it.

4:55 AM  
Blogger Eri said...

Perhaps I think you'd like it because you ARE stranger than fiction.

I had v. low expectations when I was coerced into watching it, but it won me over with spanky graphic elements, brilliant writing and a great ensemble cast. Kicks stupid 'Thumbsucker's ass.

Mind you, that's not exactly difficult...

12:45 PM  
Blogger Adele Richards said...

Thumbsucker - now there's a strange movie. And not strange good. Although the 'power animal' part is hilarious.

Conversation - hmmm, what is this strange thing you speak of?

Stranger than Fiction -why, thank you I quite like being strange (hopefully not in the Thumbsucker way). I'll def watch it, sounds good.

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home