Friday, July 27, 2007

The Best Laid Plans

It seems to be the week for precedents.

In a totally unprecedented move I was packed, totally packed, including hand luggage....by 9pm on Wednesday. That is nearly 48hours ahead of getting on a plane. As a committed procrastinator and last-minute-bunger-of-stuff-in-bags this was a bit of a shock to the system.

The only problem with being so freakishly organised (I have created an hour by hour spreadsheet of our travels allocating food, nappies, milk and clothes changes at relevant intervals)...is that it leaves you 48hours in which to think of other things that might be useful to add in.

Hence I have changed my mind three times about which pyjamas to put Honour in (cool ones - planes are overheated when you get on them....no, no, the warm ones because they get really cold in-flight.....no, no, the cool ones because we are going into summer in the Uk....etc etc).

Overthinking things? Moi. Just a tad.

Anyway, today is D-Day. So, clearly, things are going to start going a bit weird. Honour just refused to go down for her nap. REFUSED. This is the first time this has ever happened - she has never refused her morning nap before. NEV-UR.

So my minute-by-control freak-minute plan went out la fenetre! It was 11am and I wasn't even dressed!

I think she is cutting a tooth at the moment and it is driving her beserk. Sigh. Any chance it will break through the gum before we get on the plane???

And just because I am so bizarrely prepared ('ha ha' says the Universe) having cleaned out the entire house already this week, I have even updated my mac website with some photos of Honour. Go to Photos 7 - In Da Hood.

Speak to you "from the other side".

2 Comments:

Anonymous Alyn said...

Baby I am so proud of you! Packed and spreadsheet in hand! You rock my shaper world.

7:58 PM  
Blogger -BOB- said...

I've seen dave like that before.... in a hood and trying to get out...took the poor guy what seemed ages...

i can understand how the little one felt..it truly can be a complicated scenario.

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home